This notice sets out how we, Waggel will use personal information we collect about you when you use this website. Please read this notice with care as by using this site and/or applying for insurance by telephone you agree to be bound by its terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms you must stop using this website immediately.
We will be the data controller of your data for the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. We want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected whilst in our hands. Please read this notice carefully as it explains how we and/or your insurer, collect and use your personal information.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect and use personal information you submit in the process of applying for pet insurance cover. Such information may include your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, as well as your bank details, credit or debit card number and expiry date. We also collect information about your use of our website, such as your IP address.
We may collect personal information from the following sources:
- you or someone connected to you as part of a quotation or claim;
- third party service providers whom we have a relationship with;
- publicly available sources of information, such as social media and networking sites;
- third party databases made available to the insurance industry as well as databases where you have given your permission to share information with a third party like us. For more information about these sources, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
If you have provided information to us about someone else, you would have confirmed that you have the consent of these individuals to share their personal information with us. You should share this privacy notice with all individuals whose personal information you have shared with us as it may also apply to them.
How will we use the information we hold about you?
A) To provide you services relating to an insurance quotation and/or insurance policy:
We collect and use personal information to allow us to give you a quote or to process your purchase of a policy. We also use your information in dealing with renewals and to improve our understanding of our products and services and of your interests. We will use it to manage your insurance policy, including claims handling, issuing policy documentation to you, and providing you with the services described in your policy documents.
Our assessment of your insurance application may involve an automated decision to determine whether we are able to provide a quotation and/or the price. The decisions involve the use of systems, such as our price rating and acceptability tools, and are dependent on the information you provide us (for example: post code, the breed of your pet and it’s age, whether you’ve had an insurance policy terminated) to produce a result as to whether we are able to provide a quotation and/or what the relevant price for your policy should be. If you object to an automated decision that is required to determine your insurance premium then we will be unable to provide you with an insurance quotation or renewal.
We will share your personal information with [VAR.INSURER] who will process the information to provide you with insurance cover. In the event we decide to change your insurance provider, in line with these terms and conditions, we will transfer this information to the new insurer.
We will provide you with a price for insurance cover based on the information you provide. We reserve the right to refuse to offer insurance. All quotes are subject to acceptance by the underwriter whose decision is final. The underwriter reserves the right to apply exclusions where appropriate, including an exclusion if a pet has a pre-existing condition.
Your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the EEA for the purpose of insurance product administration. It will at all times be held securely and handled with the utmost care in line with all principles of UK law.
B) Where we have a justifiable reason, such as:
- Keeping records about you and our correspondence with you as well as your current and past insurance policies and history of claims. This is so that we can appropriately and effectively manage our relationship with you as well as satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations we may have to keep such records.
- Preventing and detecting fraud, financial crime and money laundering. We may use your personal information to prevent fraud and in doing so may:
- collect personal information about you from publicly available sources (such as social media and networking sites);
- share your personal information with fraud prevention agencies. Your personal information may be checked with and recorded by a fraud prevention agency. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to the fraud prevention agency. We may share your personal information with operators or registers available to the insurance industry to check information you provide. We may pass information relating to your insurance policy and any incident to the operators of these registers, their agents and suppliers;
- use any personal information obtained about you, or anyone you have provided us information about, to carry out the above profiling activity as part of our investigations into fraudulent behaviour. Should fraud be identified as a result of such profiling activity, this could result in the rejection of an application for insurance, a claim and/or voidance of your policy.
- Providing sales information to third parties, such as a price comparison website, which you may have used to purchase a policy with us, so that we can fulfil our contractual responsibilities to them.
- Carrying out processes such as statistical and trend research and analysis which may include computerised processes which profile you. This is to better understand, predict and forecast our customers’ or prospective customers’ preferences and to improve the products and services we offer.
- Anonymising and combining the personal information you have given us to understand more about you, create new products and services and help us with our marketing.
- Recording and monitoring calls for training purposes, to improve the quality of our service, to help us deal with queries or complaints from you and to prevent and detect fraud and financial crime. We may also use CCTV recording equipment in and around our premises for monitoring and security purposes.
C) You have given us your permission:
If you have given us permission, your information may be used by us to keep you informed by post, telephone, email or other means, of other products, offers, and services we believe may interest you. We may use a third party to send you this information, either by email or SMS which means they will have access to some of your data.
Lawful basis for processing your information
We need to tell you the rights we have to process the personal information you give us. We may process your information on the following bases:
- Such processing is necessary in order to enter into or perform a contract with yourself. ⁃ This includes providing you with services relating to an insurance quotation and/or insurance policy such as: • assessing your insurance application and arranging your insurance policy;
- managing your insurance policy including claims handling and issuing policy; documentation to you;
- providing you with the services described in your policy documents.
- You have consented to such processing ⁃ You have given us your permission:
- to use your personal information in order to provide you with a quotation, price and/or the services set out in your policy documents for example: handling claims or using your sensitive personal information to make reasonable adjustments as a result of a disability you have told us about, or your religious beliefs;
- to contact you about other products and services that we may think would be of interest to you.
- We have a legal obligation to perform such processing. ⁃ Where we have a justifiable reason, such as:
- keeping records about you and our correspondence with you as well as your current and past insurance policies and history of insurance claims. This is so that we can appropriately and effectively manage our relationship with you as well as satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations we may have to keep such records;
- preventing and detecting fraud, financial crime and anti-money-laundering. We and/or your insurer may use your personal information to prevent fraud;
- sharing your personal information with fraud prevention agencies. Your personal information will be checked with and recorded by a fraud prevention agency. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to the fraud prevention agency. This information will be accessed and used by AFI, law enforcement agencies and other organisations to prevent fraud and money laundering
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please opt-out in your notification settings on the website.
Access to your information and correction
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please hello@Waggel.co.uk or write to us at the address listed below. We may make a small charge for this service.
- We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. Please contact us if this is the case.
- We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations. This will be for no longer than six years after you cease to be a customer, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Please note that in some cases even when you make a request concerning your personal information, we may not be required, or may not be able, to honour it as this may result in us not being able to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations or there is a minimum statutory period of time for which we have to keep your information. If this is the case then we will let you know our reasons.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
However, please be aware that restricting or blocking cookies set on a website may impact the functionality or performance of the website, or prevent you from using certain services provided through the website. It will also affect our ability to update the website to cater for user preferences and improve performance.
How to contact us
- By email at email@example.com with the subject Data Protection Officer
- By post at Waggel, 127 Swan Court, Chelsea Manor Street, London, United Kingdom, SW3 5RY 10.
Right to log a complaint
You have the right to be confident that we handle your personal information responsibly and in line with good practice.
If you have a concern about the way we are handling your information please let us know using the contact details listed above.
If you are unhappy with our response you can raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office. For more information please go to www.ico.org.uk.